Pineapple Coconut and Lime Sorbet Sandwiches
Using Sorbet Exotics Pineapple Coconut and Lime
- Serves 10
- 125g unsalted butter,softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (20g) desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups (325g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 10 scoops Weis Sorbet Exotics Pineapple Coconut and Lime
Preheat oven to 180oC (350oF).
Place the butter, sugar and lime rind in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 6-8 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat for 2 minutes or until combined. Add the coconut and flour and beat until the mixture just comes together to form a smooth dough.
Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 5mm thick. Using a 6 1/2cm round cutter, cut out 20 rounds, re-rolling the dough as necessary.
Place on 2 large lightly greased baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Place scoops of sorbet on half the biscuits and sandwich together with the remaining biscuits. Using a palette knife smooth the edge of the sorbet.
Serve immediately or freeze until ready to use.